Tuesday 14 May 2013

Omisore Is The Most Misunderstood Nigerian


Omisore Is The Most Misunderstood Nigerian, But History Will Vindicate Him – Mimiko


Mimiko-Omisore
Governor of Ondo State, Olusegun Mimiko has described Senator Iyiola Omisore, a Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governorship aspirant in Osun State, as the most misunderstood Nigerian.
In a brief remark shortly after Lions Club International honoured Senator Omisore with Melvin Jones Award in Osogbo, weekend, Governor Mimiko, however, assured Omisore that history will soon vindicate him.
According to Mimiko, who referred to Senator Omisore as “Your Excellency” in his speech, the former Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, will soon realise his aspiration to govern Osun State.
“I want to say here today that my very good friend, Senator Iyiola Omisore is in Nigeria, today, the most misunderstood person. But I want to assure him that history will definitely vindicate him at the end of the day.”
In his acceptance speech for the award, entitled I am humbled, Omisore said: “It is an honour to be considered as having worked the path of some outstanding leaders like Coretta King, Jimmy Carter, Bishop Desmond Tutu, Koffi Annan, Olusegun Mimiko, among others.
“I am not perfect as perfection belongs to God alone. But successes and travails of my life mould me on daily basis. There has been a process of divine refinement, which continuously sharpens my appreciation of humanity and reinforces my desire to serve.”

No comments:

Post a Comment